The first index after Apple’s ATT release clearly demonstrates that mobile media sources are still adapting to the new privacy-focused reality.
What is AppsFlyer used for?
The AppsFlyer software development kit is available for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Unity apps. … Advertisers login to their dashboard, and can monitor which media source was responsible for the mobile activity. Based on this information, advertisers then are able to optimize their advertising budget.
This issue analyzes 623 media sources, 33 billion installations and more than 17,000 apps. The SKAN index covers 150 million postbacks of more than 3,000 apps. AppsFlyer used SKAN data from Aug. 1 to Sept. 30, 2021, to ensure accurate data.
TikTok For Business tops the Power Ranking of the industry’s first SKAN Index
TikTok For Business has adapted best to SKAdNetwork six months after ATT’s mandatory implementation and is No. 1 in the Power Ranking, reaching No. 5 in the Volume Ranking. Facebook has 2nd in the first ranking, but 1st in the Volume Ranking due to scale.
AppLovin ranked 3rd in both Power and Volume Ranking, and Google Ads ranked 4th in Power Ranking. While not traditionally the most dominant media source on iOS, Google still ranked #2 in the Volume Ranking.
Google continues to lead on Android, increasing its lead over the rest
Not only does Google continue to drive the most installs in app marketing, but it’s doing so on a huge scale, further increasing its lead over Facebook on Android devices.
In Eastern Europe, the search engine giant ranked first in the retention index by power and volume in all gaming and non-gaming categories except hardcore, racing and strategy games.
Gaming accounted for the largest share of the growth, where it increased its share of global app installs by 5 percent over the first half of 2021 and the second half of 2020.
Google has the biggest reach in all regions, but most of its growth comes from developing countries where Android dominates, particularly India, Latin America and Southeast Asia.
Google’s incredible reach on Android is the main reason why it ranks No. 2 in the IAP (In-App Advertising) Power Index, with numbers that are slightly lower than those of Facebook. Nevertheless, Google ranked No.
1 in the non-game app ranking as well as in the casual games category. In Eastern Europe, it ranked first in the Power Ranking in the non-game category, as well as in the casual games group.
On iOS, Apple Search Ads overtakes Facebook among users who consented to “tracking”
AppsFlyer found that among consenting users, Apple Search Ads (ASA) ranks #1 in the Retention Index in both power and volume. Indeed, after the mandatory implementation of ATT, iOS marketers switched to ASA.
The end result: in just 7 weeks, they were able to achieve a nearly 60% increase in traffic over the previous index for the second half of 2020.
While you can’t compare the ASA to other media sources in the rankings, AppsFlyer applied the same methodology to the ASA and its competitors. Despite the differences in performance, ASA has a large number of users with full granularity of data, which is ultimately important to marketers.
ASA has had success with non-gaming applications, where they ranked first in the Life and Culture group in 7 regions: Eastern Europe, China, Japan and Korea, Latin America, Middle East, North America, Western Europe. In gaming, ASA has the 3rd place in the power ranking and the 4th place in the volume ranking.
ASA’s advantage is also evident in the IAP Index. By overtaking Facebook and ranking first globally in terms of power and volume, ASA also attracted quality users on a large scale and ranked #1 among non-gaming apps and #2 in games.
More Ressources :
- Top 5 Personal Injury Lawyer Websites on The InternetA personal injury lawyer is a type of civil litigator who provides legal representation to plaintiffs who are alleging physical or psychological injury as the result of the negligent or careless acts of another person, entity, or organization. Today, there is a high demand for personal injury lawyers and many firms to choose from. The best way […]
- Native Advertising Strategy: 5 Steps To Building a Successful One For YouNative advertising is paid media designed to match the content of a media source. An example of mobile native advertising would be paid video content on the Youtube app. This media is designed to match the visual design and function of natural content, appearing in your feed of recommended videos. When thinking about your native advertising […]
- 8 Ways to Enhance Your Video Content and Improve Your SEOVideo is king, and marketers know about it. A huge number of videos are uploaded daily on digital channels. However, not all videos generate the same engagement on social media platforms. Have you ever thought about why some videos perform better than others on digital channels? One of the main factors that decide the performance […]
- 9 Important SEO Tips for Better Rankings in Google SERPsSEO is known as an ever-changing digital industry that revolves around algorithms and best practices. Simply put, search engine optimization is an important practice for any website owner. Without it, your website will not rank high on search engine results pages (SERPs). No doubt, a better position in Google always leads to more clicks, conversions, […]
- Buy a House – Launch a Business!While it might seem counterintuitive to launch a business at the same time you’re looking to make a move, if you time things right, it could be a great strategy, especially if you’re starting a home-based business. Plot out your business needs before you start shopping so you’re sure to find a good match for […]